New England Municipal Clerks' Institute & Academy
IIMC Athenian Leadership Society Informational Guide
The Athenian Leadership Society is an advanced IIMC Leadership Development Program.
What is an Athenian Dialogue?
The premise of this program is the idea that clerks are leaders in very profound yet subtle ways.
Please read the handbook in its entirety, it contains a plethora of helpful information. Included are forms that are important for all students to review. Please complete & submit all forms as instructed.
Follow the link for the NEMCI&A policy manual. The manual includes a comprehensive explanation of all policies and procedures.
What the students say about NEMCI&A
New England Municipal Clerks' Institute & Academy scholarship criteria
- The Executive Board shall determine, annually, the amount of scholarship monies to be allocated. Scholarships are only for those applicants who have been denied funds from their municipalities.
- The Joint Scholarship Committee shall consist of a committee made up of members appointed by the President of the New England Association of City & Town Clerks and the Chair of the NEMCI&A Board of Directors.
- Scholarship money from both sources shall be combined and allocated to applicants as agreed by the committee, with the exception of funds specifically earmarked and in the possession of the New England Municipal Clerks Institute & Academy Board of Directors.
- The NEACTC President appoints a Joint Scholarship Chairman to serve for three years.
- Scholarships shall be awarded to students attending the New England Municipal Clerks Institute and Academy.
- Scholarship awards will be limited to one person per office with the Clerk having first preference.
- Applicant must be a Municipal Clerk or Deputy/Assistant Clerk.
- The Joint Scholarship Committee will give priority to first year Institute students.
- An applicant must be a current member of his or her state association.
- An applicant must have been a member of the NEACTC for over one year.
- An Applicant shall disclose at time of application whether they have applied for IIMC funds.
- An applicant must have requested funds from his/her municipality and include a letter of denial for such funds.
- Applicants should (after denial from municipality) send this application to their state association for funding. A reason for denial or explanation must accompany this application in order to be considered.
- Deadline for State Scholarship Chairpersons to file applications with the Joint Scholarship Chair is April 5, 2019.
- Joint Scholarship Chair will notify the applicant, the Treasurer of the NEACTC, and the Treasurer of the NEMCI & Academy by April 30, 2019.
Joint Scholarship Chairperson
(Joint Scholarship Chairperson refers to the person responsible for awarding scholarship funds
from NEACTC and NEMCI and does not imply joint responsibility with another person. This is a three year appointment)
MA Dottie Powers, New England Chair
580 High Street
Westwood, MA 02090
Phone: 781- 355-8110
State Scholarship Chairpersons
CT: Patricia Williams
P.O. Box 548
Salisbury, CT 06068
FAX : 860-435-5172
MA: Elizabeth Greendale
703 Washington Street
Holliston, MA 01746
NH: Kerri Parker
41 Main Street
Meredith, NH 03253
FAX : 603-279-1042
RI: Michelle Hardy CMC
137 Roosevelt Ave.
Pawtucket, RI 02860
Phone: 401-728-0500 Ext 225
VT: Sandra Pisonault,
P.O. Box 715
East Dorset, VT 05253
ME: Tamara O’Donnell CMC
290 Tuttle Road
Cumberland, Maine 04021